5 delicious dishes to delight your guests at Christmas
The Christmas table assumes the presence of traditional dishes on it. However, along with them, it can be decorated with other equally tasty snacks.
Kutia is an integral part of the Christmas table. This is the Christmas treat that is tasted first after fasting. There are many recipes for its preparation: from rice, pearl barley and barley groats. However, real kutia is made from wheat.
The decoration of the dish depends on your imagination and culinary preferences. To do this, you can use: poppy seeds, nuts, raisins, dried fruits, halva, honey, condensed milk, caramel, chocolate. It is believed that the richer and richer this dish is, the more prosperity and prosperity you will have in your home.
To prepare wheat kutya you will need:
- 1 glass of wheat;
- 3 glasses of water for kutya;
- 2 glasses of water for the Uzvar;
- 3 tbsp. l. sunflower oil;
- 100 g of raisins, poppy seeds and fried walnuts;
- 5 tbsp. honey;
- 200 g of any dried fruit;
- a pinch of salt.
- We sort out the wheat, rinse it and soak it in water overnight, or at least for a few hours.
- We drain the water, fill it with 3 glasses of clean water, add salt, vegetable oil and set to cook in a container with a thick bottom for 2 hours.
- Leave the poppy to swell in boiling water for 1 hour. Then we grind it in a mortar to milk.
- Fry the walnut kernels in the oven until the husks are removed.
- Soak raisins and dried fruits for 20 minutes in hot water.
- Cook uzvar from dried fruits: fill them with water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cool the uzvar, filter it, add honey into it and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Add mashed poppy seeds, chopped walnuts, raisins, part of chopped dried fruits from uzvar to the cooled ready-made wheat.
- Add an uzvar with honey to the kutya, mix.
According to the ancient tradition, wheat kutya is served in ceramic bowls and eaten with wooden spoons.
This unusual fruit adds spice to the salad and reveals the flavor of other foods in a new way. We suggest preparing a salad with persimmon and soft goat cheese. This will require:
- lettuce leaves or salad mix - 180 g;
- tomatoes - 1 pc.;
- persimmon - 1 pc.;
- sunflower seeds - 30 g;
- honey - 40 g;
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- unrefined sunflower oil - 50 ml;
- soft goat cheese - 100 g;
- salt, black pepper to taste.
- We make a filling for the salad, for this you need to mix honey, vinegar, salt, pepper and add oil, stirring occasionally.
- Fry the peeled sunflower seeds in the oven until lightly browned.
- Cut the persimmon into slices and pour with some of the prepared filling, mix.
- Chop tomatoes and goat cheese.
- Put part of the salad mix or leaves on the dish, fill it with sauce, add persimmon, tomatoes and goat cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining green mix and roasted seeds. Add the remaining fill.
A bright spicy dish with an unusual taste will not leave anyone indifferent.
Arugula and feta salad
A simple vegetable salad with arugula and feta should definitely be on the festive table. Roasted sesame seeds will add an exquisite taste to the dish.
- cherry tomatoes - 200 g;
- fresh cucumbers - 150 g;
- arugula - 150 g;
- feta cheese - 100 g;
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- roasted sesame seeds - 20 g.
- Lightly fry the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan or in the oven.
- Cut the tomatoes into two pieces and the cucumbers into slices.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and place on top of the vegetables.
- Add arugula and oil the salad.
Sprinkle the dish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Baked vegetables with mozzarella
For those who want to prepare an unusual side dish for meat or fish, baked vegetables with mozzarella are suitable. The composition of vegetables can be varied. Take eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, and cauliflower, for example. Vegetables, except cabbage, are cut into cubes, cabbage is divided into small inflorescences. Eggplant and pepper are placed on the bottom of the baking sheet and sprinkled with oil.
Then add chopped tomatoes and cauliflower. Sprinkle with oil again. Distribute the mozzarella on top and send the dish to the oven for 30 minutes. Then take out and sprinkle with grated hard cheese on top. We keep in the oven for another 10 minutes. Baked vegetables are served as a separate dish or as a side dish for meat and fish.
There is another option for cooking. You can cut vegetables into large chunks, brush with mayonnaise. Put the mozzarella only on the tomatoes, sprinkle the rest of the vegetables with grated hard cheese and bake.
Cheesecake with tangerines
A cheesecake with a delicate curd layer and aromatic tangerine jelly will be the perfect culmination of a Christmas dinner. Prepare the following products in advance:
- 350 g of shortbread cookies, preferably coffee;
- 120 g butter;
- 400 g of fatty cottage cheese;
- 250 g granulated sugar;
- 2 tbsp. starch;
- 2 large eggs;
- 3-4 tangerines;
- 200 ml of water;
- 5 g vanilla sugar;
- 30 g of instant gelatin.
- Cut the washed tangerines with the peel into pieces, add 150 g of sugar, water and simmer for one hour.
- Cottage cheese, the remaining sugar, sour cream, eggs, beat with a blender until smooth, mix the mass with starch.
- Grind the cookies, mix with melted butter and lay out the composition in a mold covered with baking paper.
- Place the curd mass on the crumb and bake in an oven preheated to 160 ° C for about 40 minutes.
- Cool the base of the cheesecake in the oven.
- Grind hot tangerines in a chopper or with a blender along with vanilla sugar. Add gelatin and leave to completely dissolve in the tangerine composition.
- Pour the fruit jelly onto the cooled cheesecake base and send the mold to the refrigerator overnight or for 6-8 hours.
To make it easier to take out the dessert and cut into portions, use a split baking structure.
Rate the article:
(2 votes, average: 5 out of 5)
Share with your friends!