Processing strawberries in spring for diseases and pests
Strawberries are among those crops that require constant and vigilant attention. Independently, without proper care, it will develop normally, and even more so it will not bear fruit abundantly, but will gradually wither away. But its berries are so tasty that gardeners are not afraid of the need for careful care of strawberry beds.
Preparations for spring treatment of strawberry plantations
Unfortunately, insect pests are not averse to eating delicious sweet fruits, moreover, berry bushes are vulnerable to various fungal infections. Preventive spring treatments for garden strawberries will minimize the risk of contamination of strawberry plantings. It is much easier to prevent the appearance of a disease or a harmful insect than to deal with the consequences of their vital activity for a long time.
In the spring, strawberries must be treated against diseases and pests.
There are various types of preparations that are used to treat strawberries in the spring:
There are a large number of preparations for processing strawberries.
A group of chemicals is considered the most effective. But it should be remembered that these agents are toxic and dangerous not only for insects and pathogens, but they are harmful to humans and animals. They are allowed to be used only before the flowering of strawberries. In this case, it is necessary to use protective rubber gloves and plastic goggles, if specified in the instructions for use.
During the procedure and for several hours after it, children and pets should not be in the treated area.
Strawberry beds can be treated in the spring from insect pests with the following chemical compositions:
- Actellic. The solution is prepared according to the instructions (2 ml per 2 l of water). If there are signs of extensive damage to plantings by harmful insects, then the concentration is doubled (for 2 liters of water 4 ml).
Actellik drug effectively fights insects
- Inta-Vir (1 mg per 1 l) or Agrovertin (1 tab. Per 10 l) is used in the presence of a strawberry mite.
Inta-Vir is used against strawberry mites
- Metaldehyde (Thunderstorm, Mega-G). It will help to cope with soft-bodied insects (snails, slugs). The granules crumble under the bushes. No more than 5 g of active substance is consumed per 1 m2 (apply strictly according to the instructions). The tool is used at the first appearance of pests.
Metaldehyde is used when slugs appear
- Urea. Successfully destroys gastropods with a solution prepared from 30 g of granules diluted in 1 bucket of water.
Urea is not only a nitrogen fertilizer, but also fights slugs
Drugs against diseases
For the fight and preventive measures against diseases, the following means will help:
- Boric acid. Spraying with a solution of 10 g of the substance and 10 liters of water will protect the berry from pathogenic microbes. The associated effect of orthoboric acid is to increase the immunity of strawberry bushes and improve the taste of berries.
Boric acid not only kills bacteria, but also a fertilizer
- Sulfaride (colloidal sulfur). Fungicidal paste, effective against powdery mildew: 2 tbsp. l. dissolve in a bucket of water and spray the plants.
Sulfaride will protect strawberries from powdery mildew and mites
- Benorad or Fundazol (the active substance is the same), Ridomil. Any of these drugs is used to treat strawberries from late blight and fusarium wilt. Most gardeners prefer the more common Fundazole.
Systemic fungicides protect strawberries from disease
- Bordeaux liquid. A solution with a concentration of 1% will help from spotting. When fighting gray mold, use a stronger solution (2–4%).
Bordeaux liquid helps with spotting on strawberries
- Copper oxychloride. Fungicide that prevents plantation infestation with spot and rot. Spraying is carried out with a weak solution (for 10 liters of water 1 tbsp. L.).
HOM preparation fights various rot
- Topaz. Systemic fungicide, which is a leader in the fight against various fungal diseases (fruit rot, rust, spotting, etc.). It is especially effective in the early stages of the disease (1 ampoule is diluted in a bucket of water).
Topaz drug fights various diseases on strawberries
Universal drugs that have a double effect are:
- Copper sulfate. An excellent fertilizer that increases yields and supplies copper to plants. In parallel, it protects against fungal pathologies and pest attacks. The solution is prepared from 30 g of vitriol, 40 g of ordinary laundry soap, thoroughly dissolved in 10 liters of water.
Copper sulfate protects against mold and rot
- Iodine. Prevents the appearance of gray rot on plants, as well as ticks and weevils, treatment with a solution of pharmaceutical iodine (5 drops per 10 liters of water). The procedure is carried out three times before flowering. If you dilute 40 drops of iodine in a bucket of water and add 1 tbsp. hydrogen peroxide, treatment with this composition will save you from phytophthora.
Strawberries are treated with iodine from rot and weevils
As far back as I can remember, my parents always watered strawberry beds in the early spring with a bright pink solution of potassium permanganate. This tool is always available, extremely cheap and completely safe. But it is better to dilute the potassium permanganate crystals in water heated to about 65–70 ° C and not just spray the young leaves, but shed the bushes thoroughly and qualitatively. The hot liquid kills the weevils and prevents the development of powdery mildew. Beetles hibernate in the upper soil layer, so the ground also needs to be disinfected. Potassium permanganate is a good mineral dressing. Plants are sprayed with a dark cherry solution on young leaves and during flowering, trying to get on the lower part of the leaf.
Video: chemical treatment of strawberry beds
Preparations of biological origin are much less toxic, and some of them are completely harmless and become a natural component of the local biogeocenosis in the personal plot. They include bacteria, viruses and fungi-antagonists, which in the process of life stop growth and development, and then destroy pathogenic microorganisms.
A biogeocenosis is a balanced self-regulating system in which a community of living organisms (plants and animals) is closely and inextricably linked with a set of inorganic factors (soil, water, etc.) within the same territory.
Sufficiently toxic Actellik can be successfully replaced with safer Fitoverm. The greatest effect is achieved with the correct combination of biological preparations with chemicals with different directions (against pests and against diseases). For example, Fitosporin and Actellic are very often used together. But when choosing drugs, their compatibility must be taken into account, otherwise you can cause great harm to plants instead of benefit. For this, special tables have been drawn up.
Before using multiple strawberry preparations, make sure they are compatible.
Biogroup products not only negatively affect pathogenic bacteria and harmful insects, but also enrich the soil with various microelements and nutrients.
Most often, in spring, the following biological products are used for the preventive treatment of strawberries against diseases:
- Fitosporin. A new generation microbiological preparation containing live spore bacteria destroys pathogenic fungi and viral agents. It is used against powdery mildew, root rot, rust and late blight. Use only a freshly prepared solution, but to activate the bacteria, it must be allowed to stand for about half an hour. It stimulates the growth and also increases the yield of strawberries.
Fitosporin is used against bacterial and fungal infections
- Trichodermin. The active ingredient is saprophytic fungi, which have a detrimental effect on harmful microorganisms and various fungal infections. Saprophytes process the decay products of dead insects and plant debris, thereby enriching the soil with useful minerals (phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen), as well as increasing the immunity of plants and accelerating their growth. 5 g of the substance is added to 5 l of water.
Trichodermin will help with fungal infection and fertilize strawberry beds
In the fight against harmful insects will help:
- Aktofit. An acaricidal agent based on natural highly specific neurotoxins (avermectins) that have a negative effect on the nervous system of specific insect pests. For warm-blooded creatures, these toxins are considered safe. On strawberry beds, this drug (20 g is diluted in 10 liters of water) is used against strawberry mites.
Aktofit is effective against strawberry mites on strawberries
- Fitoverm. Biologically active drug that has a nerve effect on pests. In 1 liter of water, 1 ampoule of the substance is diluted. Since this product has no effect on eggs, it should be used twice. Protective properties are retained for 5-15 days (depending on the weather).
Fitoverm will protect against aphids
All preparations of biological origin are used at an ambient temperature of at least +18 ° C; at lower values, their use will be practically useless. Such products are most effective at temperatures from +24 to +32 ° C. If the temperature is too high, they work worse.
Compositions made from herbal ingredients have not yet lost their relevance. They have been successfully used for spring preventive treatments of strawberry beds for more than a dozen years and have proven in practice their effectiveness in preventing the appearance of various diseases and insect pests. Folk remedies do not harm the environment, do not pollute the soil and are safe for people.
Folk remedies for insects
The following recipes against harmful insects are best known among gardeners:
- A decoction of tomato tops. Chopped fresh green stems are poured into 10 liters of hot water, infused for 4 hours, after which they are boiled for about half an hour over low heat or simply brought to a boil. After cooling, the composition is filtered and sprayed with strawberry bushes, thoroughly wetting the entire ground part. The broth is effective against strawberry mites.
Leaves and stepchildren of tomatoes are used to prepare the broth.
- Garlic tincture. A remedy made from 0.2–0.3 kg of finely chopped garlic and 10 liters of water will help protect against aphids. After insisting for 5-7 days, you can spray the bushes.
You can use young garlic arrows to make the garlic tincture.
- Bird cherry broth. 0.3 kg of fresh berries are poured into a bucket of water, then they boil for 15–20 minutes, cool, filter and process the plants. This will scare off slugs and snails.
A decoction of the fruit of bird cherry is useful for snails and slugs
- Dandelion infusion. Strawberry mite will not resist a composition made from 0.8 kg of finely chopped greens and 10 liters of hot water. Insist 4-5 hours, then stir and filter.
Dandelion can help overcome the strawberry mite
- Wormwood broth. 2 kg of chopped stems are soaked in a bucket of water, boiled for 10 minutes. Apply after cooling and straining against spider mites. In a similar way, a decoction is prepared from fresh tobacco leaves, which is used from the same pest.
Wormwood decoction is used against spider mites
- Infusion of onion peels. A ten-liter bucket is half filled with crushed husk, then poured to the top with boiling water, covered with a lid and allowed to stand for two days. After filtration, dilute in half and spray the beds. The infusion copes with the strawberry mite.
Strawberry beds are treated with an infusion of onion peels from strawberry mites
- Broth of red hot pepper. Grind 0.1 kg of fresh pods, pour 1 liter of water, boil for 1 hour. Then they insist for 2 days and filter. For spraying against weevil, the extract is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:20.
A decoction of hot pepper will help against aphids and weevils
- A mixture of table vinegar and sunflower oil (0.5 liters of vinegar, 0.25 liters of oil and 10 liters of water). The resulting mixture is poured over the places where ants accumulate.
Folk remedies for diseases
From the appearance of various diseases on strawberries, the following are used:
- Infusion of tansy. It is prepared from 75 g of dried grass or 0.5 kg of raw chopped raw materials and 10 liters of water. First, they insist for a day, and then boil for 20 minutes. After straining, dilute with water in a ratio of 1: 5. Spraying with this infusion slows down the development of powdery mildew and helps fight the strawberry mite.
Tansy decoction is effective against powdery mildew
- Mustard infusion. For gray rot, strawberry beds are treated with 0.1 kg of mustard powder and 10 liters of boiling water. The composition is insisted for 2-3 days, before use it is diluted with water in half and the bushes are spilled abundantly.
Strawberries are treated with mustard infusion against gray rot
- Wood ash. Ash powder is sprinkled on strawberry bushes and the ground between them (70 g per 1 m2). It is used to combat various types of rot.
Ash will help from rot on strawberries
- Infusion of hay. Three liters of water are poured into 1 kg of rotted grass, insisted for 5-6 hours and the beds are watered. The product helps to stop the development of powdery mildew on strawberry plantations.
Hay infusion will help to cope with powdery mildew
It is recommended to add finely grated household soap to all solutions, so that the composition better adheres and further stays on the strawberry leaves.
Finely shabby laundry soap is added to all infusions and decoctions
Strawberries can be processed for preventive purposes in a variety of ways. A few years ago, a neighbor suggested the following recipe for a very effective vigorous remedy:
- water - 10 l;
- iodine - 1 tsp;
- birch tar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- boric acid - ½ tsp;
- fir oil - 1 tsp;
- ammonia - 2 tbsp. l .;
- laundry soap - 0.2 kg.
All components are thoroughly mixed. For processing, the working solution is diluted in a ratio of 1:20. The beds are plentifully spilled with the resulting composition.
The first spring processing of strawberries
In spring, there is not much time left for maintenance work in strawberry beds. Processing should begin as early as possible, immediately after the snow melts and the soil dries out.
Strawberry beds in the spring must first be cleaned of old leaves.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- The shelter is removed from the strawberry beds (if any).
- The old last year's mulch is removed. It must be burned, since insect pests hibernate in it and spores of fungal diseases persist. If possible, the topmost soil layer is also removed.
- All dried leaves, old peduncles, whiskers and all plant debris are removed. They are also burned.
- They dig up and destroy the dead, weak and sick bushes. Young plants are planted in empty places.
- The soil around the strawberries is carefully loosened to a shallow depth so as not to damage the surface roots. This procedure improves the air supply to the root system. If necessary, bare bushes spud a little.
All plant residues must be burned
It is imperative to burn dry leaves, stems, peduncles and dead plants, as this will significantly reduce the risk of re-infection of the plantings.
After thorough cleaning and sanitary pruning of strawberry beds, prophylaxis should be carried out to prevent the appearance of diseases and harmful insects. For this, various fungicidal and insecticidal preparations are used (Bordeaux liquid, copper sulfate, Fitosporin, Trichodermin, etc.). It is very useful to spill the strawberry plantings with hot water with the addition of potassium permanganate (a strong solution of bright pink color).
Early spring strawberries are poured with hot water
Video: first spring work on strawberry plantings
Timing of spring spraying of strawberry beds
In order for preventive spring strawberry treatments to be as effective as possible, it is necessary to adhere to the optimal timing for these procedures.
Stages of processing strawberries in the spring:
- The first measures to combat possible diseases and pests are carried out immediately after the snow cover melts and the strawberry plantings are freed from the winter shelter. Specific dates are determined by the peculiarities of the local climate and weather conditions. In warm southern regions, strawberries wake up in early March, in northern regions it happens a little later (in late March or early April).
- The bushes are sprayed again just before the flowering of the culture. In the south, strawberry bushes begin to bloom in late April or early May; in cold climates, flowering does not occur until late May or early June. Much also depends on the type of strawberry.
They try to carry out the first spring preventive treatment of the strawberry plantation as early as possible.
All spraying is carried out only on a calm and dry day. This is best done in the early morning or just after sunset.
We always plant winter garlic between strawberry bushes in the fall. Its sharp aroma discourages weevils from settling on plantations. In this case, there is no need to fiddle with broths and sprays. Onions planted next to strawberries have a similar effect. Many summer residents plant calendula along the strawberry beds, which scares off the nematode.
The second processing of strawberries - before flowering
Before budding begins, measures are taken to protect strawberry plantings from insect pests. You can use various specialized drugs (Fitosporin, Karbofos, Caesar, Taurus, Aktellik, Aktofit, etc.) of chemical and biological origin or folk remedies.
During flowering, strawberry bushes are processed only if absolutely necessary. All spraying should be done 5-7 days before the opening of the first buds.
The second treatment should be carried out 5-7 days before the beginning of flowering.
Experienced gardeners practice spraying strawberry beds with a universal preparation Strawberry Rescuer, which destroys insect pests and prevents their appearance, protects against various diseases, and is also an ecological growth stimulator.
Strawberry Rescuer is a versatile strawberry treatment
If last season a weevil was seen on strawberry bushes, then before flowering we always spray the plants with Actellik. This allows you to significantly increase the yield, since harmful bugs gnaw out the very middle of the flowers. It is necessary to carefully and accurately process each leaf and all flower stalks, and also try to get into the center of the bush.
Video: processing a strawberry plantation before flowering
Spring preventive work on strawberry plantings will not take much time, but will be extremely effective in preventing the occurrence of all kinds of fungal pathologies and protecting against attack by insect pests. Timely processing of strawberry beds with the necessary preparations will save you from many problems in the future and guarantee a bountiful harvest of tasty and aromatic berries.
[Votes: 1 Average: 5]
Care for strawberries in spring after winter step by step
Unfortunately, there are so many pests and diseases in strawberries that one cannot do without periodic processing of it with certain preparations. Of course, careful plantation care (timely weeding, watering, loosening, removal of diseased plants and excess mustache) significantly reduces the need to use "chemistry", but from time to time, adding additional substances to the soil and spraying the bushes with insecticides or "home remedies" has to be done.
Indications for processing
Strawberries need to be processed regularly, according to the gardener's calendar. Preventive treatments are designed to prevent the development of diseases and the reproduction of pests. Strawberry processing begins in early spring. The processing time after winter is tied to the annual cycle of plant development. Potent drugs can be used only for a certain time before the formation of berries, otherwise toxic substances will accumulate in the crop, making it unusable.
In addition to planned treatments, in case of detection of signs of damage to the culture by diseases or pests, emergency treatments are carried out. They should not be delayed, they must be carried out immediately, preventing disease or pests from spreading through the plantings and ruining the crop.
Stages and sequence of spring garden processing
Creating a beautiful and well-groomed garden is the dream of every gardener
Gardeners work on their plots tirelessly, "up to the seventh sweat." But all efforts are in vain if pests or pathogens attack fruit trees and berries.
Despite the abundance of drugs for any "misfortune", pests and diseases multiply exponentially, adapting to the means of chemical protection. A professional approach to caring for it, competent and systematic processing with modern preparations will help to solve the problem of protecting the garden.
Garden processing in spring is recommended to be carried out in several stages, from the melting of snow and the end of frost to the moment of flowering and fruit setting. The correct approach to spring spraying of the garden will certainly bear fruit.
Spring processing is divided into several successive stages:
- early spring, when the snow cover melts
- before bud break
- before and after flowering
- during the appearance of the first ovaries.
Consider how to deal with diseases in folk ways
1. Mustard... Add 100 grams of mustard powder to a bucket of boiling water. Leave to infuse for 3 days. Dissolve in half with water before use and spill the bushes well. Fights gray mold.
2. Tansy... Take 75 grams of dry herb or 500 grams of raw herb and pour 10 liters of water. Leave the solution for a day, and then boil for 20 minutes. Dilute 1 to 5 and spray against powdery mildew and the annoying strawberry mite.
3. Ash... Pour ash under each bush at the rate of 70 grams per 1 m2. Thus, it is used against various types of rot.
4. Hay... Pour 3 liters of water with 1 kg of hay, leave to infuse for 6 hours and spill the beds. Fights powdery mildew.
When using all solutions, it is recommended to add grated laundry soap. It serves for better adhesion of the product to plant leaves.
5. Also you can use such a solution:
- water - 10 l
- iodine - 1 teaspoon
- birch tar - 2 tablespoons
- boric acid - 0.5 teaspoon
- fir oil - 1 teaspoon
- ammonia - 2 tablespoons
- laundry soap - 200 gr.
Mix all ingredients until smooth. Dilute the solution 1 to 20. Spill the beds.
What and when to spray fruit trees
Hello dear friends!
Nobody argues, environmentally friendly fruits are great! But their cultivation is laborious, it takes a lot of gardeners' time, and not everyone can do it.
No matter how much breeders fought, creating new, disease-resistant varieties and hybrids of plants, there are still no absolutely immune to harmful pathogens, despite all the advertising assurances of individual sellers of planting material. And all because the development of diseases and the spread of pests largely depends on climatic conditions during the growing season, and the weather, as you know, is unpredictable.
So it turns out that the gardener should always be ready for the appearance of dangerous infections and all kinds of gluttonous insects that encroach on his harvest. Well, if the wintering (last year's) forms are preserved on the site, an irreconcilable struggle between the gardener and the "freeloaders" will take place for the fruits and berries.
When, what, how and from whom to save fruit trees and shrubs, an indicative schedule for protecting the garden from pests and diseases will help.
How and when to spray fruit trees and shrubs:
Spraying apples and pears
March - early April. Hope you have done your early spring garden work. This includes cleaning up old bark and eliminating wintering nests of hawthorns and golden-tails. When pruning trees, it was necessary to cut out annual shoots with hibernating eggs of the ringed silkworm.
April. Upon reaching positive temperatures of 4 - 6 degrees - the treatment of the apple tree from the apple flower beetle. Overlay of hunting belts on boles with Pestifix glue.
At the end of April - processing of the garden from stocks of scab and fruit rot. To do this, during the green cone period (the period of swelling of the kidneys), 1% Bordeaux mixture (100 grams of copper sulfate + 100 grams of lime per 10 liters of water) should be used for spraying. Substitutes are also suitable - the drug "HOM" (40 grams per 10 liters of water), "Kartotsid" (40 - 60 grams per 10 liters of water), copper sulphate (100 grams per 10 liters of water), "Abigapik" (50 grams per 10 liters of water).
On the pear, at the beginning of bud break, against ticks, sprinkle with "gray colloidal" (50 - 100 grams per 10 liters of water), "Neoron" (15 - 20 milliliters per 10 liters of water).
May. During the flowering period, it is possible to use biologically active preparations against the caterpillars of leaf rollers, such as Lepidocid (20-30 grams per 10 liters of water), Biotoxibacillin (40-80 grams per 10 liters of water), Fitoverm (1.5 - 2.0 milliliters per liter of water).
Immediately after the flowering of apple and pear trees, in the presence of scale insects, treat the trees against vagrants with "Karbofos" (75 - 90 grams per 10 liters of water). Spraying with "Aktara" preparation, preparation No. 30 is possible.
In the presence of upper-sided or lower-sided mining moths, it is possible to use "Fozolon" or "Rogora-S".
Against scab and powdery mildew, you can use the preparations "Skor" (2 milliliters per 10 liters of water) or "Topaz" (2 milliliters per 10 liters of water).
At the end of May, with the sum of effective temperatures above 10 degrees, corresponding to the moth's summer, it is recommended to treat apple and pear trees in the evening (from 19 to 24 hours) with insecticides. To do this, you will need one of these drugs: Kinmix (2.5 milliliters per 10 liters), Karate (2 milliliters per 10 liters), Karbofos (75 - 90 grams per 10 liters), Insegar ( 5 grams per 10 liters), "Calypso". Pome crops can be re-sprayed after 14 to 16 days.
It is advisable to use Fitoverm (1.5 - 2 milliliters per 1 liter) and Hostaquik (2 milliliters per 10 liters) against aphids.
June. In the first summer month, under unfavorable conditions, a second treatment against the codling moth may be necessary. The preparations are the same as in May. In order to prevent addiction, it is better to alternate the drugs.
In the presence of mites, trees should be treated with Neoron (15-20 milliliters per 10 liters of water), Colloidal sulfur (50-100 grams per 10 liters of water).
Against scab, apply "Skor" (2 milliliters per 10 liters of water), "Agat-25" (1.2 grams per 6 liters), copper sulfate (15 - 20 grams per 10 liters of water), "Impact".
July. This month, seed crops are treated with a weak solution of copper sulfate (5 - 10 grams per 10 liters of water). This technique has a deterrent effect - there will be no weevils on the trees.
All synthetic treatments should be discontinued 20 days before harvest.
So, we figured out how and when to spray fruit trees of pome crops.
Spraying stone fruit crops
We include cherry, sweet cherry, plum, blackthorn, apricot, peach to stone fruit crops. They have their own tree processing schedule.
April. During the period when buds begin to bloom, against fungal diseases, it is necessary to treat trees with copper-containing preparations. Let me remind you: this is a 1% Bordeaux mixture, copper sulfate (100 grams per 10 liters), "Kartotsid" (60 grams per 10 liters) and copper oxychloride (40 grams per 10 liters), it is permissible to use "Kuprozan", "Khomycin" according to the instructions ...
May. After flowering stone fruit crops, it is necessary to carry out repeated treatments with copper-containing preparations. Plum trees, immediately after flowering, should be sprayed against the plum thick-stemmed with karbofos (75 - 90 grams per 10 liters of water) or "Decis" (2 milliliters per 10 liters of water), etc.
June. At an air temperature above + 10 degrees, the first treatment is carried out against the plum moth with karbofos (75 - 90 grams per 10 liters) and "Fozolon" (according to the instructions). The second treatment is possible with the same preparations after 12-14 days.
Treatment of cherries against cherry flies (approximately the second half of June) with coniferous extract, infusion of garlic, wormwood decoction or preparations "Cymbush" (1.5 milliliters per 10 liters of water), "Kinmix" (2.5 liters per 10 liters of water), etc. ...
From scab, coccomycosis, moniliosis, clasteroporia, it is necessary to treat stone fruit cultures with copper preparations. In addition to 1% Bordeaux mixture and copper sulfate (100 grams per 10 liters), it is possible to use "Kartotsid" (60 grams per 10 liters of water) or copper oxychloride (40 grams per 10 liters of water).
July. Spraying trees with "Lepidocid" (20 - 30 grams per 10 liters of water), "Bitoxibacillin" (40 - 80 grams per 10 liters of water), "Fitoverm" (1.5 - 2.0 milliliters per 10 liters of water) against larvae cherry slimy sawfly.
All synthetic treatments should be discontinued 20 days before harvest.
Read about the protection of berry bushes in the article "How to spray the garden"
Chemicals are considered the most effective for treating the garden from pests and diseases. Ready-made concentrated liquids and powder mixtures are on sale. Their assortment is significant, there is plenty to choose from.
Insectocaricide is used to control overwintered insects (adults and larvae) in early spring. When spraying plums with Prophylactin in March-April, the reproduction of pest colonies is suppressed, ticks, leaf rollers, and aphids are destroyed. Manufacturers release the finished liquid product in 500 ml plastic bottles.
The drug (insecticide) enteric is released in ampoules and vials. One package is enough to process 5-6 mature trees or 7 seedlings. The tool effectively destroys aphids, whiteflies, moths, flea beetles. There are many analogues of Tanrek: Biotlin, Bison, Imidor, Corado, Tabu.
The solution acts on the nervous system of pests, paralyzes it, causes convulsions and death of insects. The period of action of the drug is at least 30 days. Plant protection also takes place in the soil, the substance decomposes only after 50 - 100 days. Effectively affects beetles and non-arthropod insects.
Small blue crystals dissolve well in water. Solutions are used for spring treatment of gardens from fungi and other pathogens. The main active ingredient, copper sulfate, does not harm plants.
Preventive spraying of plum trees protects them from damage: gray and brown rot, powdery mildew, late blight, rubella, scab, curl and leaf spot.
This tool is considered one of the most popular for treating garden and indoor plants from pests: ticks, sawflies, leaf rollers, moths, whiteflies, thrips, aphids.
Sell liquid concentrate in ampoules (2, 4, 5 ml) or bottles (10, 30, 50, 100 ml). Before use, you need to dilute it with water according to the Instructions.
After a few hours (from 6 to 8) of contact of insects with the solution, they become paralyzed. After 2-3 days, the pests die. The action of the drug lasts up to 7 days. The first spraying of plums is done in early spring. During the growing season, trees should be treated at least 3 times at intervals of 2-3 weeks.
You can treat plums from worms in fruits with this effective remedy. For prevention, trees and seedlings are sprayed with Lepidocide solution in early spring. It will be necessary to repeat the treatment after fruiting, if some berries have been damaged by worms and insect caterpillars. Indeed, as a result of the action of these gluttonous pests, the fruits rot, the yield is reduced.
The tool is released in the form of a powder, concentrated suspension, suspension modified concentrate. Lepidocide has a fourth hazard class, does not harm humans and animals. It scares away bees with its smell, thereby protecting their harmful effects.
Exposure to pests lasts 2-3 days. Gnawing insects stop feeding and die.
The popular universal remedy helps to get rid of pests, protects plants from fungi, rot and mold. In the spring, before the buds bloom, the plum is treated with a solution of copper sulfate. It is necessary to spray before flowering, until the bees have arrived in the garden.
The tool is used for preventive treatments of fruit trees in spring and autumn, as well as for top dressing with a lack of copper in the soil.
Watch the video: How to fight gray rot on strawberries
Such berries are recommended to be buried separately, so as not to contribute to the reproduction of gray rot. To save the harvest, you can use special preparations against this strawberry disease.
Strawberry leaf spot is a fairly common disease that leads to premature leaf fall. Spotting can be done in the spring during flowering and after the crop has been harvested. For this, strawberries are treated with a solution of copper oxychloride.
If this method does not help, at the end of the season, completely mow the leaves and treat the plants with sulfuric acid. In the fall, you will have new leaves that will be completely healthy.
Powdery mildew is a fungus, as a result of which plaque appears on the leaves, and they curl upward. To prevent this strawberry disease, you need to spray the plant with potassium permanganate in the fall (dilute 1.5-2.0 grams in a bucket of water). Another way is treatment with a solution of colloidal sulfur in water in a ratio of 10: 1.
If you start control strawberry pests on time, then in the spring you will harvest a good harvest of this tasty and healthy berry in the country.