Useful properties of raspberry and its leaves
Raspberries are a delicious delicacy, and, while absorbing berries with appetite in the summer, people do not think about the beneficial and healing properties. However, many people know from childhood that raspberries have a diaphoretic effect, therefore, having drunk tea with raspberries or its leaves in winter, you should not immediately go outside. This property is often used in the treatment of colds. In popular proverbs, the berry becomes a symbol of prosperity and abundance: "Life is a raspberry." What else is worth learning about the properties of raspberries, the benefits and contraindications?
In ancient times, raspberries were bred by both the ancient Greeks and the ancient Romans. According to legend, baby Zeus ate raspberries. Yuri Dolgoruky brought the berries to Russia and began to develop them.
Wild raspberry grows in shaded areas of pine and mixed forests, loves moderate moisture. Its yield is unpredictable from year to year. Kumanika and blackberry are close to raspberries, but differ in the color of the berries. It is also known that raspberries are an excellent honey plant, it is willingly collected by bees, increasing the berry yield by 75%.
Raspberries contain a phenomenal amount of multivitamins - it is rich in vitamins A, groups B, C, D, E, PP, as well as micro- and macroelements, bioactive substances. Raspberry seeds contain a fatty oil that is used in cosmetology to produce essential oils for skin and hair care products.
Raspberry leaves, like berries, are rich in nutrients, they contain:
- organic acids,
- pectin substances,
- sugar (glucose, fructose),
The healing properties of raspberries
Both fresh berries and raspberry jam strengthen the immune system, increase the vitality of the body... The combination of iron, copper and folic acid is beneficial for people with anemia. Eating raspberries increases hemoglobin.
Vitamin P helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. The berry helps prevent a variety of cardiovascular problems.
Hot tea with raspberry jam is used for colds, flu, SARS. In the composition of raspberries, salicylic acid was found, which has a diaphoretic effect.
Raspberries will help bring down the temperature only with plenty of drink, which will help a person sweat and get rid of the heat. If you consume raspberries without drinking enough, the temperature can rise.
The combination of raspberries with milk will help in the treatment of sore throats and other sore throats.
In addition, raspberries help to strengthen the immune system, maintain the body in a vigorous, elevated tone.
Salicylic acid is a part of raspberries, so medicinal aspirin in combination with raspberry tea should be used with caution, it is better to consult a doctor.
Raspberry increases immunity during flu epidemics, viral infections. The berry is capable of destroying:
- mold spores,
- yeast fungi.
Drinking raspberry tea reduces cough due to its expectorant effect.
With cardiovascular diseases
Raspberry contains phytosterols - these substances prevent atherosclerosis. The use of raspberries strengthens the capillaries; will help stop internal bleeding. The berry gives elasticity to blood vessels, strengthens their walls, improves vascular permeability, prevents plaque formation, and also helps to maintain normal blood pressure.
Raspberries contain a lot of iron, so they help with anemia.
Raspberries also support the body in treating sciatica.
Raspberry has a powerful anti-stress effect... Drinks are recommended for neuroses, depression, help prevent insomnia. Raspberry jam is as effective as "live" berries.
Organic acids found in raspberries improve digestion and metabolismc, stimulate the motility of all vital organs, save from constipation.
The ability of raspberries to activate the work of internal organs contributes to the normalization of metabolism and helps to fight obesity.
Raspberry helps with gastritis and colitis.
Cleansing the body
Raspberries are an effective antioxidant. The pectins contained in the berry remove salts of heavy metals from the body. With the problems of modern ecology, this is one of the most valuable qualities.
Berry helps to overcome excessive intoxication, produces a sobering effect.
Dried raspberry leaves and stems: useful properties of tea, decoctions, infusions
Raspberry leaves and stems are as beneficial as fresh berries when used in the form of decoctions and tea. Raspberry leaf tea has a tart taste and pleasant aroma, it enhances immunity, is a strengthening agent, it is used for rinsing the mouth, against bleeding gums.
Raspberry leaves are used as part of vitamin supplements, which are used in gynecology, for renal problems, and as a general tonic.
The astringent properties of a decoction of raspberry leaves will help stop diarrhea and normalize bowel function.
A decoction of raspberry leaves is effective as a lotion or douching liquid for hemorrhoids - it relieves inflammation and accelerates healing. For hemorrhoids, an infusion of raspberry flowers is also used.
Some tips for women
The berry is used in cosmetology. Rinsing hair with a decoction of twigs and raspberry leaves strengthens the hair, returns them to their natural shine. Vitamins E, C and B vitamins have a beneficial effect on the beauty and youth of the skin.
Many vitamins and minerals support the health and well-being of pregnant women, and the berry also helps with toxicosis. Raspberries are good for nursing mothersas it helps to increase lactation.
A decoction of raspberry leaves is used for sitz baths to cure inflammation of the appendages.
Raspberry leaves reduce soreness during menstruation and regulate the cycle.
A decoction of raspberry leaves strengthens the uterus, increases the elasticity of tissues during childbirth, and helps to facilitate this process.
Be careful: the benefits and harms of raspberries for human health
The properties of the berry are sometimes harmful. Raspberries should not be eaten with exacerbation of urolithiasis, kidney disease. Caution should be exercised by people with allergies due to essential oils..
- stomach ulcer
- duodenal ulcer
-can only use raspberry juice or fresh juice diluted with water. Raspberries or natural juice are bad for them.
The combination of several acids that make up raspberries can harm people with uric acid diathesis, as well as with kidney problems.
Raspberry is not recommended for diabetes.
Nevertheless, even people from the "risk group", moderate and careful consumption of raspberries will not harm.
A decoction of raspberry leaves activates the muscle tone of the uterus and can cause premature birth, so pregnant women should not consume this drink.
Yellow raspberries contain a lot of sugar, there are almost no acids in them, so they are sweeter and tastier. Yellow raspberries contain a minimum of anthocyanin, therefore, yellow varieties do not pose problems for allergy sufferers, children and expectant mothers. In yellow raspberries, vitamin B9, necessary for hematopoiesis, is abundantly present.
Black raspberry brings high yields, its berries are even richer in vitamins and biologically active substances than red raspberries. Black varieties have fewer acids, but more minerals, such as copper, iron, manganese. In combination with folic acid - this berry creates a positive effect on people who have been diagnosed with blood diseases. Black raspberries contain more antioxidants that prevent the development of cancer.
What raspberries to collect: harvesting and use for medicinal purposes
For medicinal purposes, wild raspberries are better suited, although there are also many useful substances in garden varieties. When harvesting raspberries, drying, freezing is recommended, as well as a vitamin mixture of sugar and raspberries, which is prepared in a 1 to 1 ratio.
Raspberries retain most of their useful properties in the form of jam, so harvesting them for the winter will provide a healthy and pleasant treat throughout the year.
Raspberry leaves and stems are collected clean (without dust, midges and damage), dried in a shady place and brewed from them teas, prepare decoctions, infusions. You can store dried and crushed leaves in fabric bags or in three-liter jars.
Raspberry leaf tea delicious on its own, but you can combine a raspberry leaf with a currant leaf, with rose, apple or peach petals.
To cleanse the body two tablespoons of dried raspberry leaves are poured with two glasses of boiling water, allowed to brew and consumed in small portions 5 times during the day.
Raspberry leaves and berries: useful properties and contraindications, the use of black and yellow raspberries, tea from the leaves
Raspberry - a widespread plant in our country. Almost everyone knows the taste of raspberry jam, raspberry berries.
Children especially like raspberries. Fresh raspberries can be bought from private traders from mid-summer, and frozen - all year round in the store.
From the point of view of a botanist, raspberries are - rosacea shrub, and its fruits are drupes of a complex type. Many people pick raspberries in the forest, but most often berries grown in the garden come to our table.
Garden raspberries differ from forest raspberries in large variety of varieties, yield, large fruits, there is even black and yellow raspberries.
And picking raspberries is more convenient sitting on a chair in your own garden than in the forest, wading through windbreaks and being attacked by ants, mosquitoes and midges. However, many love the forest for its specific bright aroma.
It can be used for the following diseases:
Properties of raspberries in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system
- Pour 4 tablespoons of chopped dry twigs with leaves into a liter thermos. To improve the taste, you can add some herbs, such as lemon balm.
- Pour boiling, but not boiling, water.
- Insist no longer than 40 minutes.
- Strain and squeeze out the remaining raw materials.
- Drink the infusion warm in reasonable amounts.
- And from warm raw materials, you can apply a heating compress to a sore spot for a couple of hours.
Raspberry cardiovascular properties
Fruit drink recipe
Also raspberries help to achieve positive results with:
Use for colds
- It is better to use fresh or defrosted berries, or dried (adding chopped leaves and twigs) in the amount you need.
- Boil them for no more than three minutes with cool boiling water.
- Add a small pinch of baking soda.
Healing compote recipe
Turmeric can also improve immunity and relieve colds.
The benefits of raspberries for men
In addition to berries, you can also use leaves (containing ten times more vitamin C than berries).
- vitamin C
- vitamins E, C, K
Also, men are recommended recipes from ginger root.
Seeds are no less useful. They are rich in phytostearins and fatty oils that help flush out excess cholesterol.
Video on the use of raspberry leaves
Contraindications for use
Each product has its own contraindications, and raspberries are no exception.
Do not use it when:
- stones in the gallbladder and bladder.
1. People suffering from gastritis or stomach ulcers should not abuse pure raspberry juice and fresh berries.
3. The berries (and the preservation of them) contain a large amount of sugar. Therefore, people with diabetes should not eat it.
4. Give up raspberries if you have bronchial asthma and polyps in the nasal cavity.
Read useful: about the wonderful properties of elderberry with delicious recipes, and for liver problems, use milk thistle.
I would be grateful if you share your healing recipes with other readers of the site in the comments.
* For colds and respiratory diseases, decoctions from dried berries, as well as from leaves and young branches of garden raspberries, are used as a potent antipyretic and diaphoretic.
* Garden raspberries are included in sweatshops. This action is due to the high content of salicylic acid in it. Dried raspberries are especially good in this quality, containing almost 20 times more salicylic acid than fresh ones.
* Raspberry syrup is used to improve the taste of medicines for children.
* For colds, dried raspberry tea helps well. In the initial stage of the disease, it is recommended to drink 2 cups of hot raspberry tea for 1-2 hours before going to bed: brew 2 tablespoons of dry berries in 1 cup of boiling water, boil for 5 minutes or leave for 10 minutes.
* Infusion of raspberries with linden flowers (1: 1) helps with flu. 1 tablespoon of the mixture is brewed with 1 glass of boiling water, infused for 20 minutes and filtered. Drink hot, 1 glass at night.
* For diphtheria and measles in children, use a mixture of raspberries with linden flowers and lettuce leaves (1: 2: 1).
Pour 3 tablespoons of the mixture with 4 cups of boiling water, leave for 1 hour and filter, drink 50 g 6 times a day.
* For tonsillitis and other inflammatory diseases of the throat, use a decoction of raspberries for gargling.
* With tonsillitis and inflammation of the larynx, gargle with water infusions from raspberry leaves (1:20).
* Decoction of raspberry leaves: brew 2 tablespoons of crushed dry raw materials with 2 cups of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, filter and drink hot.
- The broth is used as an expectorant for coughing.
- This broth helps with hemoptysis.
- In case of bronchitis, the same decoction is recommended (it should be drunk in 1-2 hours) or tea made from a mixture of equal parts of raspberries, coltsfoot leaves and oregano herb (1 tablespoon of the mixture is brewed with 1 glass of boiling water and drunk like tea in warm form).
* A decoction of raspberry branches helps with coughing.
* In the treatment of bronchial asthma, decoctions of raspberry roots are used: 50 g of roots collected during flowering or late autumn, pour 0.5 liters of water, boil for 30-40 minutes over low heat and take 50-70 g 3-6 times a day.
Asthma attacks during treatment are eliminated with medication. Concomitant diseases (chronic pneumonia, bronchitis) should be treated with conventional methods.
* Strengthening the walls of blood vessels is one of the main properties of raspberries. If you are predisposed to cardiovascular diseases, have suffered a heart attack or stroke, try to eat as much of this berry as possible,
* Raspberry lowers high blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels, heals and prevents atherosclerosis thanks to its fatty acids and beta-sitosterol.
* As a general tonic for diseases of the cardiovascular system, raspberries work well in a mixture with rose hips and leaves of black currant, lingonberry and birch (in equal parts). They are brewed like tea and drunk 100 g twice a day before meals.
* To improve digestion, with pain in the stomach, to increase appetite, with diarrhea and as an antiemetic in folk medicine, raspberries are used.
* As a remedy against heartburn, pain and heaviness in the stomach, an infusion of leaves, flowers and young sprigs of raspberries is recommended: 1 cup of boiling water is poured into 2 tablespoons of raw materials, infused for 1 hour and 1/3 cup is drunk 3 times a day after 20 minutes after meal.
* When treating stomach and duodenal ulcers, it is recommended to take 0.5-1 tablespoon of raspberry juice 15 minutes before meals.
* For acute diarrhea and inflammatory bowel diseases, water infusions of raspberry leaves are taken orally (1:20).
* For hemorrhoids, it is recommended to make lotions from the infusion of raspberry leaves and berries: 2-3 tablespoons of raw materials are infused with 2 cups of boiling water.
* Raspberries contain phytoncides that are harmful to Staphylococcus aureus, yeast spores and molds.
* As a diaphoretic for colds, flu, sore throat, take an infusion of dry fruits. 100 g of raw materials are poured into 600 g of boiling water, insisted for 30 minutes, drink 1-3 glasses hot at night.
* Raspberry leaves have an anti-inflammatory effect.
* Fresh leaves heal wounds.
* For bruises, a decoction for lotions is prepared from dry raspberry leaves.
* For inflammation of the stomach and intestines, lungs, mouth and pharynx, infusion of raspberry leaves is effective.
* For acne, rashes, eczema and other skin diseases, for the treatment of erysipelas and for lotions on the eyes with blepharitis and conjunctivitis, an infusion of leaves and flowers is used externally and internally. For infusion, pour 1 glass of boiling water 10 g of dry crushed raw materials, insist 0.5 hours and filter.
* "Raspberry tea" - infused as tea tops of raspberry branches with leaves - are used for erysipelas of the skin.
* With acne on the face, traditional medicine uses infusions and decoctions of raspberry flowers. Fresh raspberry leaves are also useful in the fight against acne.
* Herpes was popularly treated with raspberry branches, for a compress, chewed gruel from young branches (washed with boiled water) was applied to the sore spot.
* During renal colic, baths from the collection help well: raspberry leaves - 20 g, birch branches - 100 g, cuff leaves - 10 g, marsh grass grass - 10 g.
The mixture is brewed in 5 liters of boiling water, infused for 1 hour, filtered and poured into a hot water bath.
* Thanks to the pectins they contain, raspberries remove metabolic products from the body.
* As a diuretic, a decoction of a mixture of equal parts of raspberries and linden flowers is used: 1 tablespoon of raw materials is poured with 1 glass of boiling water, boiled in a water bath in a sealed container for 30 minutes, cooled at room temperature for 10 minutes and filtered.
Take the broth hot at night for 200 g.
* For rheumatism and polyarthritis, an infusion of raspberries, coltsfoot leaves and oregano herb is recommended (2: 2: 1). Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture with 1 glass of boiling water, leave for 1 hour and filter. Drink 50 g 4 times a day half an hour before meals.
* In folk medicine, raspberry fruits and water infusions of leaves are used for stomach and intestinal bleeding, heavy menstruation.
* In diabetes mellitus, it is recommended to regularly take juice from fresh raspberries, first 50-70 g half an hour before meals. With good tolerance, the dose is gradually increased to 1 glass.
* As a vitamin remedy, raspberries are eaten fresh. It is extremely useful for hypo- and vitamin deficiencies, for scurvy and anemia. An infusion of equal parts of raspberries and rose hips is very useful.
Pour 10 g of the mixture with 1 glass of boiling water, boil for 15 minutes in a water bath, cool at room temperature for 45 minutes and take 70 g 2-3 times a day.
* Raspberry leaves are included in vitamin teas. To make tea, mix equal parts raspberry leaves, currants, lingonberries and rose hips. 2 tablespoons of the mixture are brewed with 1 cup of boiling water, boiled for 10 minutes and insisted in a tightly sealed container until cooled.
Filter, add sugar to taste and drink 100 g 2 times a day.
* In Russia, they used to drink invigorating vzvarets (broth) made from raspberries and cranberries.
* In folk medicine, it is believed that raspberries increase tone, relieve intoxication after alcohol, and reduce headaches.
* Raspberry infusion (1-1.5 l), drunk within 2-3 hours, relieves the unpleasant sensations of a hangover.
* In case of neurasthenia and neuroses, it is used as a soothing infusion of roots and lignified raspberry branches.
* Raspberry tea is an excellent remedy for relieving unpleasant symptoms during menstruation and in the premenstrual period. It relieves spasmodic pains and nausea, has a calming and tonic effect, and improves a regular cycle of menstruation.
* For too heavy menstruation, a mixture of equal parts of raspberry leaves, oak bark, strawberry leaves, cinquefoil goose grass and yarrow is recommended.
1 tablespoon of the mixture is poured with 1 glass of hot water, infused for 5-6 hours and then boiled over low heat for 15 minutes.
Drink 200 g per day for 5-8 days.
• Infusion of raspberry leaves is advised to wash the vaginal mucosa in case of inflammation or leukorrhea.
• Raspberries contain a large amount of purine bases, therefore, patients with gout and nephritis should not eat berries.
• Some people have an allergic reaction to raspberries.
Application during pregnancy.
The plant is indispensable for bearing a child due to its rich composition: vitamins A, B1, B3, E, C, D, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron.
The healing properties of raspberry and currant leaves endow the leaves and branches of raspberries with high efficiency.
- Raspberry removes the nausea that often accompanies a pregnant woman.
Tea with plant leaves, consumed in the first trimester, helps to get rid of unpleasant feelings and other cases of ailment. This is due to the high content of B vitamins.
Drinking tea from the leaves of the plant will prevent vaginal tears and reduce postpartum bleeding.
- Raspberries contain the plant alkaloid fragrin.
Strengthens the walls of the uterus and increases the elasticity of the vagina. The substance allows you to prepare a woman's body for the upcoming childbirth.
Pregnancy requires calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus to maintain water balance. These nutritional components strengthen the heart, bone structure of the human body and develop the musculoskeletal system in a child.
- Improves milk production.
Raspberry leaves fortify breast milk with nutrients and fragrin. When breastfeeding, you need to introduce raspberry tea into your diet in advance.
Medicinal properties of common raspberries
Raspberry ordinary has long been famous among the people, and it is recognized by traditional official medicine as an excellent medicinal plant. Raspberries owe their truly wonderful medicinal properties to their chemical and biological composition.
Fresh raspberries are rich in substances such as glucose, dextrose, levulose, fructose, sucrose. Contains various organic acids, such as citric, malic, tartaric, formic, salicylic, nylon, ascorbic and folic acids, as well as carotene, tannins, vitamin C, vitamins B, PP, coumarins, anthocyanins, pectin substances.
Raspberry seeds contain fatty oils, phytosterol and sitosterol, fatty acids.
Raspberry leaves contain a lot of ascorbic acid, as well as tannins, phytoncides, ash, macronutrients such as potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and trace elements - magnesium, copper, zinc, cobalt, molybdenum, chromium, aluminum, selenium, nickel , strontium, lead and boron.
Common raspberries have a pronounced diaphoretic property, which is due to the presence of weak organic acids, which contribute to a shift in pH towards an alkaline medium and excretion of uric acid salts from the body. Organic acids also help urine flow and improve the entire digestive system.
The presence of salicylic acid in common raspberries causes antipyretic, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and diaphoretic properties. In addition, raspberry leaves and flowers have excellent anti-toxic and hemostatic properties. Leaves and branches collected from a young plant and, of course, raspberries are mainly used as medicinal raw materials.
The berries are picked only well-ripe and used, both fresh, dried and frozen. Berries retain their properties in the form of jam, jam or confiture. Young raspberry leaves are also used as a tea surrogate.
Fruits, berries, young stems (shoots of the first year) and leaves are used in the form of infusions for ARVI, influenza, malaria, scurvy, rheumatism, various colds, to improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, with pain in the stomach, to improve appetite and loss of strength. Fresh berries are a must-eat all season for eczema.
Raspberry leaves, prepared in the form of an infusion, serve as a good medicine for gargling with sore throats, and this infusion is also drunk for gastritis, diarrhea, enteritis, fever, cough, heavy menstruation and skin diseases. Raspberry flowers in the form of decoctions are an indispensable remedy for eye inflammation, skin rashes, erysipelas, acne (used as lotions). And when taken orally, this broth relieves the condition of the patient with malaria and hemorrhoids.
Infusions, decoctions made from raspberry leaves are used separately and in the form of herbal preparations, as medicines for various neuroses, with neurasthenia, as a good antipyretic agent.
Raspberry fruits contain a large amount of purine, therefore, for patients with gout and kidney disease, it is better to limit the intake or not take drugs with raspberries at all.
Raspberry leaf treatment
How to brew raspberry leaves to boost immunity
Increasing immunity is a question that worries everyone. Raspberry tea (leaves) can very easily cope with this task, because it contains the very precious Vitamin C, which helps our body to resist colds.
For this purpose, raspberry leaf tea is prepared according to several recipes.
1.3 servings of green tea, 2 servings of raspberries, 1 serving of blackberries, 5 g each of raspberry and currant leaves. To begin with, dry ingredients (shrub leaves and tea) are brewed in 1 glass of boiling water. Infused no more than 5 tons. Then add another 250 ml of boiling water and berries and insist about 3 more tons. The infusion is drained and decanted. To strengthen the immune forces, they drink 200 ml 3 times a day.
2. For the next drink, ingredients such as the leaves of three shrubs (raspberries, blackberries, black currants) are used in equal amounts. The finished mixture is poured with boiling water and put on a fire for 10 tons. Then, they insist no more than 2 hours and decant. This tea improves blood circulation and metabolic processes in the body, restoring the work of its systems.
3. Another recipe for strengthening the immune forces. It is especially useful during the period of increasing colds. Prepare equal parts raspberries (leaves), rose hips and rowan berries daily. It is taken twice a day in small portions on an empty stomach.